There are thirteen four-week block rotations.
Surgical Pathology Rotation
- The fellow will sign out a normal surgical pathology case load every day and may work with the Advanced Surgical resident.
- The fellow will cover all frozen sections during the week. The fellow will be assigned a fraction of Surgical Pathology case load. The fellow will sign out with the assigned resident.
- The fellow will cover all consults sent to the Pathology department. The fellow will give Surgical Pathology didactic once a week to the residents.
- The fellow can use one or more of the listed subspecialty electives. The workload will be tailored to his or her chosen specialty. If the subspecialty elective has a correlating tumor board, the fellow will attend or present at Tumor Board.
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Breast Pathology
- Gynecological Pathology
- Head & Neck Pathology
- Thoracic Pathology