Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications for fellowship positions begin in July for the following academic year. Applications are due by September 1. The program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Only application with the following are considered for an interview:
- USMLE Transcript
- ECFMG Status Report
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Updated CV
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Acceptance into our program requires:
- Completion of an accredited three-year residency in internal medicine
- Commitment to completion of a three-year fellowship in our cardiovascular fellowship program
- Successful completion of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) exam
- Commitment to sitting for the cardiovascular disease subspecialty board examination after successful completion of the fellowship
The program sponsors a J-1 visa
Our Interview day will consist of 6-8 15-minute interviews via Thalamus Video with our key faculty, including our PD & APD, as well as time with our Program Administrator and current fellows.
For more information, please review the Thalamus User Guide
I have been with Sanford Health since 2005. I joined the Cardiology Fellowship world in 2018 and have loved every minute of it.
Our Fellows are fantastic and a joy to work with each day. I work in partnership with our Program Director to ensure we meet accreditation requirements for a successful program. A successful program = successful alumni. I look forward to answering your questions and helping you out the best I can.